Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mom's Secret Recipe BBQ

I don't really think it's a secret, if it was... it's not anymore.

Let me state before I get started, Mom woke me up at some UNGODLY hour to tell me I had to make BBQ today, I don't really remember the conversation but I did remember "make BBQ" so I am. But, I was lying there in bed for a long time after she woke me up, I could hear my dad plinking the mandolin in the living room, then someone knocked on my bedroom door! I said, "YEAH?" but no one answered and I could still hear dad plinking in the living room. Mom was gone to work and there is no one else in the house but me and Dad. I got up and opened the door really fast but of course there was no one there. This only adds to the weirdness because last night one of our stove burners turned on by itself! All the way to medium. Weird. Well, I guess the ghost is hungry because it turned on the stove and got me out of bed to make BBQ today.

Here is the recipe.

1 boneless beef chuck roast
1 large onion sliced thin
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon salt ( i accidentally put in a tablespoon today, oops!)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke

Cut roast in half if you only have a small crock pot, if not put the whole damn thing in your crock pot.

Top with onions

Combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over the whole damn roast.

Cover and cook on low for 8 or 9 hours or until meat is tender.

Remove roast, place in large skillet, (we use cast iron) shred it with a fork and add some of the drippings or cooking liquid from the crock pot.

Simmer it up! Put it on some buns! Eat it!

There ya have it. Jomamma's Secret Shredded Beef Sandwiches!

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Your mom said she had a BBQ recipe for the crockpot that she would share with me. Sounds like she ended up getting you to type it up for her! HA HA !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tee hee, I knew if she fixed it she'd post it for you to have. I'll do my salsa this weekend. Really good and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She means, I'LL DO THE SALSA... haha j/k I don't know that recipe.

    ReplyDelete