Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Whew!


That was quick. We could hear the tornado sirens going off but only when we went outside to see for ourselves if there was a tornado. We didn't see anything. The clouds were moving so fast though, we could see that, and the wall cloud but nothing dropping out of them. It was super warm this evening so we knew something was up. It's in the 40's behind the storm. Brrrrrr! Mom threw a water bottle and her purse into the bathroom and I put my Louis Vuitton wallet and macbook in there... only the essentials. So, Jeff and I went outside when the dude on TV said "Allen residents take cover now in the interior most room in your house". That is precisely the reason you see all those rednecks on TV after a tornado saying things like "waaael, mah sister an I jus wonted to see whut the tornaduh looked like, and all we could heer was this sound like this 'woooooooooooo woooooo' like a big ole train." We probably shouldn't have gone out there but it was weird to hear the tornado sirens. No tornado. That's good. Ok. Back to packing!

8 comments:

  1. I love your redneck accent... glad everything was ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. SCARY....I am sending everyone that entered the contest a print. Send me your mailing address to my gmail account
    it is west texas cowgirl
    no spaces between the words!
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes. At least with hurricanes you have time to prepare. And then be scared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! I won something! Oh.. uh... well... everyone who entered won but I am still excited!!! :) Thanks OC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I think Jolea told the people in Key West that about the first hurricane she slept through... "ya'll call that a storm? Come to Texas where in a momemnt's notice a a cow will fly through your living room." We get about an hour's warning, that it MAY happen, thanks to dopler. That's about all we got last night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy fack! I can't even imagine. I think they get them in the Prairies, but not here. What a terrifying experience it must be. Glad everything's copacetic!

    ReplyDelete