Monday, June 30, 2008

Day off = too much time to think.



I have been thinking. We all know that's no good. I am thinking that I want to move back to Texas next summer. Yep. I said that. I just don't want St. Thomas to end up being like Key West was for me. I need to make a plan and stick to it, by the time I left Key West I was so miserable and broke that I never wanted to see that God forsaken island ever again. It took me a long time to get over that. Now I would love to visit, but I just don't want to get bored or burned out here. I have been thinking alot about where I would live and what I would do for work and I think I have settled on the Kerrville/Bandera, or Canyon Lake areas of the Hill Country. Rent is cheap, and I could work at the lake or something. I was looking at the job ads on Kerrville's online news paper and there is a current job opening at Bandera/Medina Lake, 50,000 a year, with 2 days off in a row every week. That sounds damn good. Too bad its available now and not May of 2009. :-/. I am so happy that my fam is coming to visit now that way I don't have to upset anyone by moving along like I always do. I don't know why I am such a rambler! Is there something wrong with me? I could be worse right? At least I'm not a crack head or a whore or a drug dealer or a gambler! Being a rambler isn't so bad. I really miss driving. I miss driving across Texas with the windows down and the stereo blaring! I miss bluebonnets. I miss my family and friends who are going right on living without me. I have a few things I need to get done here before I come home so this whole year and a half or so hasn't been totally unproductive. #1 Get Captain's License. #2 Get Dive Master Certification. Thats it. Just venting. And NO MOM I'M NOT DRINKING AND BLOGGING! I am just sitting here reflecting, the power is out on the whole island and theres not much else to do but sweat and think. Not bad.

3 comments:

  1. That's fine... I'm drinking and blogging, what's the big deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to have a plan... just like you did when you decided to go back to the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEP. well its 4pm and i still haven't heard from the guy with the suzuki. im gonna be so dissapointed if he doesnt call.

    ReplyDelete